R6 as first bike! Am i mad!

JayR6
This post is 5897 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to all. First time on any forum. Picked up an 07 R6 in black with one mile on the clock. Even running it in is great fun. Had an R6 as first bike originally. Its as dangerous as you want it to be. Back to the R6 three years later and cant wait to the summer for the trips to Poole. If you havent been and are living in the area its not to be missed :rolleyes:

whoot whoot the pool run :) love it .. them babes behind the bars own :P has any one tryed the blandford road? whata road safe at high speeds . a32 owns also

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

i'm new th this website and to have just brought myself an R6, like yourself it's my first proper bike, and there's no truer words i've heard than watch your right hand lol, i got mine on blue she's beautiful,

enjoy riding

summer soon

OK, am I mad??? I have today, just bought a new 08 R6 as my first proper bike.

I used to ride a 50cc but that was some 8 years ago on a CBT. I am doing my direct access and decided to go for a new R6.

What are your opinions? I will obviously be taking it very very easy to start with! and I do mean EASY :o)

I only passed my test in July and bought a CBR600f and got bored so bought 08 R6 on 1st of March. Workmates have already started taking bets as to when i'll end up on my backside !!

I only passed my test in July and bought a CBR600f and got bored so bought 08 R6 on 1st of March. Workmates have already started taking bets as to when i'll end up on my backside !!

R6 is a great bike I have so far. I ride 2004 model year R6 for 15 months in Taiwan. It's wonderful mid class sports bike and high performance manufacture bike in the world. Your choice is correct,but suggest you spending more time to be used to ride R6 since you are used to ride 50cc motorcycle.

ljordan from Taiwan

I picked my 2008 R6 up on 1st March and am still running it in; however, having changed from a 2000 GSXR 600 i can tell you that you made the right decision! The R6 goes well and handles even better! I am not the most confident rider when it comes to bends, but you really can trust this bike to take you round. A slight movement of the hips and she just leans over and takes you round!

All i would say, is that this bike will KILL you if you dont treat it with respect! It is a monster in comparison to my 2000 GSXR, which was quick enough for a new rider!

So, go steady but enjoy it. Go slowly and you will get more looks from jealous bikers and frustrated pedestrians! Go quick and you will overtake everything capable of travelling on tarmac...but being a new rider you will probably die!

Enjoy!