Fazer 600cc - Please help

robmitchelmore
This post is 5918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everybody,

I am a real novice at anything to do with bikes, normally get someone else to sort out the problems at huge expense. I have a problem with the running of my fazer 600cc 2001. It seems to be spitting at me when ever i put any sort of throttle on. Pulling away, it spits at low revs then might cause the exhaust to go bang the spit along (sounds like misfire) and then when it gets past about 5000 revs it pulls away without spitting. I i then try to open the throttle up, again it spits at me!

Is there a problem with my spark plugs?

I have just bought some new ones but thought i would ask any of you helpful guys before i started to mess around.

Thanks for your time if you do respond

Rob

:D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

Hi everybody,

I am a real novice at anything to do with bikes, normally get someone else to sort out the problems at huge expense. I have a problem with the running of my fazer 600cc 2001. It seems to be spitting at me when ever i put any sort of throttle on. Pulling away, it spits at low revs then might cause the exhaust to go bang the spit along (sounds like misfire) and then when it gets past about 5000 revs it pulls away without spitting. I i then try to open the throttle up, again it spits at me!

Is there a problem with my spark plugs?

I have just bought some new ones but thought i would ask any of you helpful guys before i started to mess around.

Thanks for your time if you do respond

Rob

:D

hi m8 sound like it is ur pluge give the air filter a clean or if you dont have a k@n get a new one it mite help sorry about the spelling theman85