Automatic chain oiler

Brainstorm
This post is 5944 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have one of these fitted to my 2001 XVS125, the lid of the chamber does not appear to come off, so I presume there is another way of filling it. There is a tube coming out of the side at the top of the chamber which I assumed was the filling point. When I tried putting chain oil into it, it wouldn't suck it down into the chamber, even when the engine was running. I tried plugging the oil spout into the tube and forcing it in, but that just bubbled back out again as soon as I pulled the spout back out.

This is nowhere in the manual, so I am assuming the previous owner has fitted this themselves. Does anyone else have one of these and knows how it should be filled?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have one of these fitted to my 2001 XVS125, the lid of the chamber does not appear to come off, so I presume there is another way of filling it. There is a tube coming out of the side at the top of the chamber which I assumed was the filling point. When I tried putting chain oil into it, it wouldn't suck it down into the chamber, even when the engine was running. I tried plugging the oil spout into the tube and forcing it in, but that just bubbled back out again as soon as I pulled the spout back out.

This is nowhere in the manual, so I am assuming the previous owner has fitted this themselves. Does anyone else have one of these and knows how it should be filled?

any idea what type scottoiler, lubetronic,the scottoiler is connected to the bikes inlet somwhere the vacuum operates the oiler clear rsevoir, this sounds like lubetronic electrically operated black resevoir, you just have to squeeze oil in very steadily if it is,

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online