Problems selecting neutral on 125 dragstar

Les
This post is 6082 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 2002 xvs 125 dragstar which i am having trouble 'finding' neutral. I can select every other gear easily, but when i come to a standstill i cannot find neutral easily. Also even when the clutch lever is pulled right in the bike tends to 'jump' forward when putting it into gear. I have checked all the adjustments on the clutch but everything seem ok.

any ideas as the toe of my boot is wearing out due to the constant gear lever movement up and down trying to get it out of gear :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

how much free play do you have in the clutch lever, if you have more than about 2.5 mm then this could be the cause your clutch is not disengaging properly, the cable needs adjusting which should be a knurled adjuster on the end of the cable at the top, screw it out until you only have the 2/3 mm of free play at the end of the lever if your clutch slips then screww it back in a little,

Merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online