jamsieboi
This post is 5983 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there

just got myself my first bike a ybr 125, pick it up on monday its a 2006

having read a lot online about the bike since i bought it seems the choke is a pain in the neck, and i believe the 07 came with a fuel injection system.

is the choke really that bad, should i have went a bit more and got an 07.

james

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi James and welcome,

I'm new to the site too.. I've had a 2006 YBR for just over a year and it's been great.

I haven't had any trouble with the choke. Leaving the bike on full choke while I get my gloves and stuff on is usually long enough to get it warmed up without it cutting out - depends how cold it is I guess. When I first got it, it used to idle quite low and that would make it cut out quite a bit even when warm (not helpful when you're a new rider and stood at the lights!) It just needed a tweak on the idle speed and it was fine after that.

If it's been really cold overnite then sometimes the electric start is a bit useless, but the kickstart always gets it fired up if that's the case.

One thing I would advise you to do when you can is get some decent tyres put on it. The stock ones that came with mine were rubbish. A good set of Michelins are fairly cheap and will make all the difference in the wet.

Happy riding :o)

H

thanks for the welcome

do you service the bike yourself, i look after my car and id imagine the bike would be easy enough any online guides?

think its still on its original tyres so i will need to have a look around, i noticed on the bike the backplate for the foot rest there is a slight bit of corrosion at the top edge is this a common problem. don't think it will be too hard to sort it i have all the painting gear at my work

I think I've noticed the corrosion too, nothing major though.

I do most things on it myself - not that it needs much. I'm coming up to the 5000 miles mark and not had to change brakes or anything yet.

Someone on here did offer another user a service manual and parts list. I've cheekily asked for a copy too - if I get one I'll pass it on to you.

I got my tyres from an ebay store called roundandblack just search for "pilot sporty"

H

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online