What kind of bike is this?

animlchin2
This post is 5987 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

S4010698.jpg

A friend of mine picked this bike up for me from a friend of his. The guy put it down, got scared, and started to part it out to put in the alley for the trash man. I have all the parts in a box and have been trying to find some info on it. The tag says 1980 but the guy says its an 83 750 but dosn't know what model or anything else. It ran before he tore it down, just wondering if it's worth putting back together or just making something fun out of it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

S4010698.jpg

A friend of mine picked this bike up for me from a friend of his. The guy put it down, got scared, and started to part it out to put in the alley for the trash man. I have all the parts in a box and have been trying to find some info on it. The tag says 1980 but the guy says its an 83 750 but dosn't know what model or anything else. It ran before he tore it down, just wondering if it's worth putting back together or just making something fun out of it.

That's a 650 Maxim. First year of manufacture was 1980. They stopped making them in the mid 80s with the introduction of the Maxim-X.

The 650 was a good motor. Two-valve heads, shaft drive. If taken care of they'll run a long time. Certainly worth fixing if you have the parts.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online