2 Stroke oil in gearbox !!!

matt_d
This post is 5959 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently bought a cheap RXS 100 to use to get to work and back, but upon standing in the garage for a week the 2 stroke tank appears to have emptied its contents. There is no leak on the 2 stroke tank, any of the piping or from the oil pump.

The gearbox was full and overflowing through the dipstick and from the colour of the oil it looks like it has 2 stroke oil mixed with gearbox oil in it.

Is this possible and if so does anyone have any ideas on a fix.

The bike starts and runs fine (although as the bike has no MOT i have not been able to road test it).

Cheers for any help.

Matt

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have recently bought a cheap RXS 100 to use to get to work and back, but upon standing in the garage for a week the 2 stroke tank appears to have emptied its contents. There is no leak on the 2 stroke tank, any of the piping or from the oil pump.

The gearbox was full and overflowing through the dipstick and from the colour of the oil it looks like it has 2 stroke oil mixed with gearbox oil in it.

Is this possible and if so does anyone have any ideas on a fix.

The bike starts and runs fine (although as the bike has no MOT i have not been able to road test it).

Cheers for any help.

Matt

think deeper...

you have to replace the oil pump seal.. the oil gets in the gearbox through that..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online