King Kenny Roberts

sfbrain
This post is 6175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Been a member here for a while and own an old RD, an old DT and an old XS, been away for a while, busy with work which, as it happens involves looking after the Team Roberts website.

Anyway, all you 'forty somethings' who remember King Kenny, we have just launched on the teams website, the opportunity for YOU to have your name on the Roberts bike at the last race of the season (Valencia, 4th Nov).

Yes i know the bike runs a HONDA engine currently, but King Kenny will always be a Yamaha Hero

Just go to www.teamkr.com and follow the link on the homepage.

This is not a scam and it will cost you nothing !!

Come on, support Team Roberts, tell your mates

Sfbrain

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Evening

That's a very good idea. I have added our names (Mark, Jen and Sam) and hopefully it will appear on the bike.

As a suggestion - what about giving people the chance to buy a poster of the bike with their names on? If the poster is big enough (like one you buy in a shop) for people to see their names, I can see quite a few people buying them and any money made can go back into the team for next season and hopefully we'll see some points finishes next season.

Anyway, good luck on Sunday and on the 4th November.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

You should get an email from the team, just after the race, with info about your entry on the bike.

The site will be updated with pictures of the bike with the names on.

We had such a good response, the names are now going all over the bike, in different places, your email will tell you where on the bike you are and you will be able to open up a picture of your location and search for your entry.

This MAY be up next Friday or Saturday (I take the stickers out to Valencia next Wednesday)

Nice idea about the poster, but i fear, impracticable, as there are over 16,000 names on it !!!

Thanks again

Sfbrain

Evening

That's a very good idea. I have added our names (Mark, Jen and Sam) and hopefully it will appear on the bike.

As a suggestion - what about giving people the chance to buy a poster of the bike with their names on? If the poster is big enough (like one you buy in a shop) for people to see their names, I can see quite a few people buying them and any money made can go back into the team for next season and hopefully we'll see some points finishes next season.

Anyway, good luck on Sunday and on the 4th November.

Thanks

Mark