Finding an old part

HarryH
This post is 6201 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My "new to me", 'custom painted' (sprayed purple :-( ) 1987 Fz-700 is in desperate need of a signal relay (41R-71). I understand that several models from the era had this relay, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to locate a seller. Would any of you have a clue as to what company might carry these relays (used or new)? I found a company that has them, but they want 102 US dollars (I'm in the US)!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My "new to me", 'custom painted' (sprayed purple :-( ) 1987 Fz-700 is in desperate need of a signal relay (41R-71). I understand that several models from the era had this relay, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to locate a seller. Would any of you have a clue as to what company might carry these relays (used or new)? I found a company that has them, but they want 102 US dollars (I'm in the US)!

have you tried ebay or even a standard car relay

merv

Do you mean a turn signal? You should be able to fit almost anything with the same pins and loading.

Do you mean a turn signal? You should be able to fit almost anything with the same pins and loading.

Yes, turn signal. Where would I get the "almost anything" to fit into it? I'm at college in a small town, so I have to order most my stuff online anyways. Would a regular auto parts store have one of the same loading?

Yes, turn signal. Where would I get the "almost anything" to fit into it? I'm at college in a small town, so I have to order most my stuff online anyways. Would a regular auto parts store have one of the same loading?

The spec should be on the relay. As for any auto store, probably, as it does the same job in a car. Take it in and do a comparison. Just make sure the wattage is OK. Good luck.

The spec should be on the relay. As for any auto store, probably, as it does the same job in a car. Take it in and do a comparison. Just make sure the wattage is OK. Good luck.

I checked it out today, and yes, they have the 2 and 3 prong relays in all loadings. The problem is that the FZ700 uses a 6 or 8 pin connector and a square, rectangular relay, not the usual cylindrical one. I guess I'll have to 'customize' the wiring to save money on this one.

G,day. I believe the relay you are talking about also includes the relay for the starting system.It has the same part number as the one for my fj1100.Maybe if you had a wiring diagram you could seperate the two. The following link is to a parts warehouse and it shows all the models that use that relay.

http://yamaha.partswarehouse.com/pages/parts/default.aspx

Just type in the part number (41r-83350-71) in the quick find section .

Hope this helps.

Cheers Ferg :mellow:

G,day. I believe the relay you are talking about also includes the relay for the starting system.It has the same part number as the one for my fj1100.Maybe if you had a wiring diagram you could seperate the two. The following link is to a parts warehouse and it shows all the models that use that relay.

http://yamaha.partswarehouse.com/pages/parts/default.aspx

Just type in the part number (41r-83350-71) in the quick find section .

Hope this helps.

Cheers Ferg :mellow:

Yes, that's the part. Still 100 dollars, but at least now I know what other model Yamaha's used the same one. That is very helpful. Now if I can just find a broken one of any of those Yamaha's at a salvage yard or something, I can snag the part cheap.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online