dt100 dt175 ac electriacal problems

dt100
This post is 4039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After spending all night with very little info and only a partial wiring diagram off the internet, I too am having electrical troubles with my lighting on a dt100/ the diagrams show that the dt175 and the dt100 have the same wiring. After highlighting the diagrams and tracing the wires on the bike, I have come to the same conclusion that the headlight and the running lights in the speedomitor and the high beam indicator light all work of of the magneto with AC electricity. While the tail light, horn, neutral light and flasher system along with the stop lights are on a 6v dc system. Both systems interface with the diode rectifier.

My trouble is that I have no information and haven't been able to find anything substantial. Even our large library was very limited and all i can come up with on the internet is a parts catalog. If you know of a source of information, a good wiring diagram or manual for these bikes, please notify me.

What I could really use is the specifications for the head light and other ac lights. I do not have the old headlight.

Do you know or have you measured the ac voltages that are correct on the yellow white lead out of the magneto and the dc voltages to the battery on the red lead after the diode rectifier?

This would all be of great help?

If any of this is incorrect,(and it could possibly be that way, since every thing i have is from tracing wires and adding too/making a sketch) please tell me were i am wrong.

thanks in advance for any help you might have

Rex

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I finally found the problem. it ended up in the light switch in the handle bar. inside the switch there is a fixed plate and a slider that rubs against it. this directs the electrical path of the magneto to one of 2 chioces. my plate had gotten old and warped. it made no connection at all . when the switch was turned on, the magneto started putting out a very high voltage that would burn out all the lights associated with it. (all the ac lights on the bike). I took the switch plate out and put it in a press to take out the warp. ( I actually warped it the othe direction slightly.) It then made a good conection which ever way the switch was moved. I repalced all the bulbs but never did find the correct headlight bulb. I used a sustitue instead. The Yamaha shop wanted $125.00 to order in a new headlight bulb. I thought that was a little steep.

I could still use a lot of info on this bike. any shcematic would be apreciated.

email me at [email protected]

thanks for everyones help

give us your email mate ill send u a 250 diagram its exactly the same as te 175, i just re wired mine and everything worked off the magneto, ill used it and it worked great

I fainnaly fixed the trouble but still have questions. Your schematic would be a big help

[email protected]

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

give us your email mate ill send u a 250 diagram its exactly the same as te 175, i just re wired mine and everything worked off the magneto, ill used it and it worked great

Gidday from NZ. Do you still have a copy of this wiring diagram. I need to fix the lights on my DT175G and am trying to track down the diagram. Would appreciate a copy if you have one (or something similar.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online