All of these bikes are wannabee Harleys

ZoomSplat1982
This post is 5595 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm not sure about Britain, (how many HDs are in England anyway?)

There will only ever be one answer to that question regardless of figures....TOO MANY!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha busted you harley lover! :P what you meant to say was "I've seen the Rocker C, I've seen the Raider, They're both over priced heaps of shit and i won't take either!"

"Harley lover"? If I want an overpriced boat anchor and had more money than sense I'd waste it on a Hardly. But you are bashing a Yamaha (Raider) on a Yamaha forum :unsure: I just wish I could afford a Raider.

One other thing that Harley hates to hear about. HD sold about 50,000 units in 2006. Honda sold 1.2 million Shadows that same year. Smart riders go metric.

As for Zoom, I did pretty well studying Geography, but could be wrong, isn't that the French flag on his post? He sounds like a typical, retarded yank harley rider.
aye p/body yer no that clever" thats dutch flag. sounds like he"s been drinking too . [courage] :lol:

aye p/body yer no that clever" thats dutch flag. sounds like he"s been drinking too . [courage] :lol:

Well, I said "I could be wrong." I stand corrected. The colors run vertical on the French flag, don't they? He does sound like your typical, American H-D owner. I know, there's an overabundance of those tards talking trash on this side of the Atlantic. :rolleyes: Thanks for the clarification Blackhat.

"Harley lover"? If I want an overpriced boat anchor and had more money than sense I'd waste it on a Hardly. But you are bashing a Yamaha (Raider) on a Yamaha forum :unsure: I just wish I could afford a Raider.

One other thing that Harley hates to hear about. HD sold about 50,000 units in 2006. Honda sold 1.2 million Shadows that same year. Smart riders go metric.

Egg on my face!! I assumed it was HD

Only available in America!! What the f**k is that all about!? Keep your boat anchors, we want that!

Hi All,

I'm only a newbie, BUT, I bought my Yammy SVX650A Classic AFTER I rode the new HD Fatbob on a HD ride day organised by a HD dealership. If the new HD here in Aus' is nearly AU$30,000 my 650 is worth $15,000!! in value for $$ Im sorry for what you pay, you dont get. You dont get refinement, you dont get quality, you dont get value for money. You buy a name and power.....thats it.... Dont think im a HD hater I have freinds with both 883 and 1200cc Sportsters...

Copyalata, Al'

PS when I work out how to post a picture I will :)

Egg on my face!! I assumed it was HD

Only available in America!! What the f**k is that all about!? Keep your boat anchors, we want that!

Oooh, OK. Now I'm not so confused. Nope. The Raider is 100% Yamaha perfection. Not to mention it only costs $13,600. Not available in UK? Damn. That really sucks. :tounge:

Just to let all Harley lovers know that in 1945 after the end of the war in Europe, all around England big trenches were dug. This was to dispose of tens of thousands of HD bikes. This was because they had no use in Europe and to have them sent back to the USA would have ruined the motor bike industry there.

So we have so many Harleys in England that we dont know what to do with them.

Wouldn't have ruined the motorcycle industry here, but the only thing you could have done better with them is melt em down for the metal and build some real bikes. :lol:

Just got back from Florida, and I now know why everyone has harleys over there, and this would be the flipping price!! A new harley fat boy over there is the equivalent of 8,000 quid!!!! I wish i could beam one over tho the uk for that price, but over here, you can only pick up a yam dragstar new (ish) for that. I was drooling like mad over those bikes over there, they really are gorgeous, but I did notice that the next popular bike over there was the honda shadow - we saw tonnes of them, and they were just as nice, especially when painted up and the chromes shined. I have never ridden a harley, but if given the price in dollars that we have just been seeing, Id grab one like a shot.

On the other hand, I love my dragstar...

Just got back from Florida, and I now know why everyone has harleys over there, and this would be the flipping price!! A new harley fat boy over there is the equivalent of 8,000 quid!!!! I wish i could beam one over tho the uk for that price, but over here, you can only pick up a yam dragstar new (ish) for that. I was drooling like mad over those bikes over there, they really are gorgeous, but I did notice that the next popular bike over there was the honda shadow - we saw tonnes of them, and they were just as nice, especially when painted up and the chromes shined. I have never ridden a harley, but if given the price in dollars that we have just been seeing, Id grab one like a shot.

On the other hand, I love my dragstar...

They're popular because of the number of dolts who think their better because they're made in the U.S.A. The rest of us know better. As for the price, that's stock. Muffled pipes, minimal chrome and no customization. That's what you get for $16,000. The ones you see and hear on the road run about $25-30,000. 20 or 30 Harleys riding down the road with non baffled straight pipes is called "rolling thunder" because that's what it sounds like. I'll still stick to Yamaha. Best bang for your buck. The Hondas are way more popular overall here. 50,000 HDs sold in 2006 vs. 1.2 million Honda shadow 1100s.

Yamahas especially the touring bikes are lame imitations of a truely great motorcycle. and a YAMAHA will NEVER be a Harley.

I thought I'd poke my head in this lame forum to see whats up,......but its all wannabees,...posers,...wimps,.....and you people KNOW its true. Stay off the road with real bikers.

Translated: Thought I would stir the pot...troll for some responses....

:Troll Alert!:

Guest grisler54

I was going to say that wouldn’t have a HD as a gift, but I would, as I would sale it straight away. :D

My mate has had one for 5 years, road it for 1, and it’s been parked up ever since,

He says it’s not very comfortable to ride more than 5 miles

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all!

Just a little background. My handle, since I was a teenager, has been Zoomsplat (about 25 years), so when I was bored here tonight, I googled it, only to find a lot of people have been clinging onto the handle, then I saw this topic come up, and felt I had to respond so that no one would confuse the Jerk calling himself Zoomsplat on here, to be confused with me. It's funny, I love the Yamaha Products, especially the Venture, and I own a couple Yammy machines. I've been a technician for over 20 years and am now a Service Manager at a Yamaha Dealership. I'm also a member of several sites, most of which, I'm a moderator, and one that I'm an Administrator on. I love all motorcycles, so it doesn't matter to me what anyone rides. The person who posted as Zoomsplat on this post was obviously just trying to stir up crap, as a lot of Keyboard Commandos do. They don't really have a life of their own, so they try to piss every one else's off.

Looks like you have a good site here. I'm going to have a look around.

Peace!

Hey all!

Just a little background. My handle, since I was a teenager, has been Zoomsplat (about 25 years), so when I was bored here tonight, I googled it, only to find a lot of people have been clinging onto the handle, then I saw this topic come up, and felt I had to respond so that no one would confuse the Jerk calling himself Zoomsplat on here, to be confused with me. It's funny, I love the Yamaha Products, especially the Venture, and I own a couple Yammy machines. I've been a technician for over 20 years and am now a Service Manager at a Yamaha Dealership. I'm also a member of several sites, most of which, I'm a moderator, and one that I'm an Administrator on. I love all motorcycles, so it doesn't matter to me what anyone rides. The person who posted as Zoomsplat on this post was obviously just trying to stir up crap, as a lot of Keyboard Commandos do. They don't really have a life of their own, so they try to piss every one else's off.

Looks like you have a good site here. I'm going to have a look around.

Peace!

And a very warm welcome to the forum - you have a snowmobile - can i have a go then...... :lol:

Yamahas especially the touring bikes are lame imitations of a truely great motorcycle. and a YAMAHA will NEVER be a Harley.

I thought I'd poke my head in this lame forum to see whats up,......but its all wannabees,...posers,...wimps,.....and you people KNOW its true. Stay off the road with real bikers.

Ogri he say" What chapter you in D head ?" He also say" He who pisses on another Bro's dreams usually does it 'cos his manhood is too small to piss on anything else!"

PS Does your car also help to make up for your pecker size?

PPS Nice to talk with one of our colonial buddies who owns a bike which is an old "indian" copy. God bless America ! <_<

This post is 5595 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.