Maxxis tyres

Dave M
This post is 6272 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

has anyone tried Maxxis sport tyres on there bike ? what do/did you think of them, i 've seen them on ebay for £99.00 a pair 120/70/17 180/55/17 but thought i would ask you before getting them and fitting them to my 1000 exup.

Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

has anyone tried Maxxis sport tyres on there bike ? what do/did you think of them, i 've seen them on ebay for £99.00 a pair 120/70/17 180/55/17 but thought i would ask you before getting them and fitting them to my 1000 exup.

Dave

Dave

Never tried em but maybe ok, if you only go out in the dry and do not ride like a scalded cat then it maybe worthwhile trying them

but remember they are your contact between the road and bike, We learnt a lesson with cheng shin tyres on fissie my son had, you could not touch the brake in the rain without it sliding and he eneded up under a land rover discovery one morning

luckily the disco was not moving fast and the fissy hit it first and stopped it before he did and he only suffered a broken leg

we fitted michelin tyres to the next fissy it was a vast improvement, you could stop in the wet, corner much better, try shopping around with busters/ M&P etc, oh and thinking about it the micheys for the fissy were only £14 each from ATS

about £2 more than the cheap crap, Now i have a Rd here with maxxis sport tyres on or did have before i stripped it the maxxis,s will be changed for bridgestones before it is ridden with any serious purpose, but then having said that Akex that i did my direct access with used cougar tyres on his training bikes and seemed to think they were ok

merv

Dave

Never tried em but maybe ok, if you only go out in the dry and do not ride like a scalded cat then it maybe worthwhile trying them

but remember they are your contact between the road and bike, We learnt a lesson with cheng shin tyres on fissie my son had, you could not touch the brake in the rain without it sliding and he eneded up under a land rover discovery one morning

luckily the disco was not moving fast and the fissy hit it first and stopped it before he did and he only suffered a broken leg

we fitted michelin tyres to the next fissy it was a vast improvement, you could stop in the wet, corner much better, try shopping around with busters/ M&P etc, oh and thinking about it the micheys for the fissy were only £14 each from ATS

about £2 more than the cheap crap, Now i have a Rd here with maxxis sport tyres on or did have before i stripped it the maxxis,s will be changed for bridgestones before it is ridden with any serious purpose, but then having said that Akex that i did my direct access with used cougar tyres on his training bikes and seemed to think they were ok

merv

thats what i thought cheap and iffy but no harm in asking others how they performed so i have decided to stick with the Avon Azarro SP which i find is an excellent tyre with loads of grip and very good in the wet, only downside is they wear out quick which is why i asked the question in the first place as i want a rear tyre that lasts a bit longer/get more milage from it. but there again 1000 exups do destroy rear tyres rather quick. well mine does :rolleyes:

Dave.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online