Throttle Problems

Mr Marlboro
This post is 6152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well now that i fixed the brakes i decided to take the aerox out and see how she went only problem was when i open the throttle full sod all happend just the engine revs so i thought s#@t the gearbox has gone or something so i opened it even more and it slowly started moving forward now im thinking it might just be the throttle cable needs adjusting or replacing but do you think it would be worth replacing the hole throttle twist part or just the cable any ideas thanks !!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well now that i fixed the brakes i decided to take the aerox out and see how she went only problem was when i open the throttle full sod all happend just the engine revs so i thought s#@t the gearbox has gone or something so i opened it even more and it slowly started moving forward now im thinking it might just be the throttle cable needs adjusting or replacing but do you think it would be worth replacing the hole throttle twist part or just the cable any ideas thanks !!

Hi there, I would humbly suggest you remove the cable and inspect it in its entirety, it may be in the processing of snapping and thereby stretching (which produces some peculiar symptoms). Whilst the cable is off, manually operate the carbs to see if it revs thereby providing you with more reference for you analysis. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

cheers chris ill give it a go most people i ask about problems with mopeds either dont no or dont have the time of day because its not a "proper" yamaha i mean dont get me wrong im not a great fan of twist and goes but im just having a go at the restoring sort of thing and using this as a base bike i tried it before with a rd 125 ac and i cocked it right up lol but thanks for the advice :rolleyes:

ok well i dont quite think im ready for that sort of mechanicals yet haha.

will take it to my mechanics and get him to have a look at the pulleys

thanks =o)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online