Spark plugs for '90 FZR600

YamahaMark
This post is 6031 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just got a 1990 FZR600. Its fouling the spark plugs badly and uniformly across all four plugs.

The NGK web site says it should have non-resistor plugs. The plugs that are in it are resistor plugs. The NGK web site shows Yamaha using resistor plugs only after about 1995 or 1996.

It has a salvage title. I'm wondering if someone put a later engine or at least head in the bike that takes smaller plugs (10mm) rather than the 12mm plugs that are spec'd.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What's the first few letters of your engine number mate? Should be able to identify model from this.

3HE was the early model 600, 4JH was the later model (called yzf600 in he USA).

Recommended plug for a '90 fzr600 is NGK/CR9E.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

What's the first few letters of your engine number mate? Should be able to identify model from this.

3HE was the early model 600, 4JH was the later model (called yzf600 in he USA).

Recommended plug for a '90 fzr600 is NGK/CR9E.

Hope this helps.

I noticed that you have an FZR600. I have a '90 and need to change the spark plug wires...I can't find anything on how to do it after I get down to my ignition coil. If you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online