xtz750 regulator/rectifier

woody2
This post is 6152 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi can anyone tell me if you can use a regulator/retifier from other bikes on a 1990 xtz750 thanks

Hi there, I think you need to consider certain things if you wish to go down this route. Most of them are extremely basic like 'are the connections the same' etc. The more major issues take the form of the amount of power required by the whole electrical system which is provided by the battery and the reg/rec. The main thing here is the alternator and its wiring configuration (delta star) etc. and how much power it can produce. I would suggest therefore that you might want to do some analysis on the system to determine its power requirements and see if your new / alternative unit is suitably rated (electrically speaking). The rectifier basically does the same job where ever it's used (convert ac into dc) but can only deliver power on the basis of the size of the diodes. If you wire up other bits and it goes wrong you might get some nasty spikes (ac) on the system which can often peak in excess of 30 volts. Hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Chris Heath

so why do you want to use a unit from a different bike?

www.kedo.com list a reg/rec for the XTZ750...part number 41072

It's 92.50 euro plus post.

They also have a universal unit at 80 euro.

Good people to deal with. They stock loads of parts for the Super Tenere.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online