YBR125 2007 model question

Angelus3K
This post is 5995 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi n00b here. Just bought a new YBR125 and was wondering, I'm sure I read somewhere that the 2007 YBR125 had an automatic choke, is this true?

My YBR125 has a manual choke, I don't know anything about the retail bike industry but I would assume buying a new bike in June of 2007 that you would get the 2007 model?

Or am I wrong on both counts lol?

Great little road bike though!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

<_< first of all, nice bike. i was going to buy same but was nudged towards the tdr. i also heard same as you but who knows how long these bikes have sat in a storage yard before they are registered??? i prefer manual choke. less things to go wrong!!! all i can say mate is i think you bought the better version as i have been told automatic chokes on yamaha's cost alot!! hope your happy with your new bike? where are you?

yetty.

Thanks for the reply, yeah my dad who has a Triumph Tiger 90 and a Triumph Bonneville T100 says I'm better off with a manual choke.

I just expected to get a 2007 model you know. Its great how it is though, just wondering.

I'm in Newcastle, you?

btw, how comes the TDR isnt on the Yamaha website?

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/products/motorcycles/

• 1 month later...

Hi, I recently purchased the 2007 YBR125 and it does have an automatic choke.

However it must be said that the 'Automatic' method of choking is not by conventional means !

The 2007 model sports an Electronic Fuel Injection system which controls the fuel mixture and idle speed.

I've had the bike for 2 months now and have clocked up nearly 2k without a glitch.

Unfortunatly the fuel system is still very new and there's little info about the system on the web as yet.

If anyone has any info about the Electronic Fuel Injection System used in the YBR125 2007 model I'd be happy to explore whatever performance options it may present.

I use this bike for daily work commuting and found it to be just what I need. Its nice and torquey in the low-mid range but lacks that bit of extra umph top end.

I'm sure there's a couple of extra horses in the engine since the exhaust has a built in catalyser which must surely zap some power !

Hi, I recently purchased the 2007 YBR125 and it does have an automatic choke.

However it must be said that the 'Automatic' method of choking is not by conventional means !

The 2007 model sports an Electronic Fuel Injection system which controls the fuel mixture and idle speed.

I've had the bike for 2 months now and have clocked up nearly 2k without a glitch.

Unfortunatly the fuel system is still very new and there's little info about the system on the web as yet.

If anyone has any info about the Electronic Fuel Injection System used in the YBR125 2007 model I'd be happy to explore whatever performance options it may present.

I use this bike for daily work commuting and found it to be just what I need. Its nice and torquey in the low-mid range but lacks that bit of extra umph top end.

I'm sure there's a couple of extra horses in the engine since the exhaust has a built in catalyser which must surely zap some power !

Hi sjhall,

I hav got the 2006 YBR125. I have heard that the 2007 model has a side stand, the 2006 model has everything about from the electrics to fit side stand. Does your bike have the side stand or is it like the 2006 model?

Emma

Live to ride, Ride to live

• 3 months later...

Hi sjhall,

I hav got the 2006 YBR125. I have heard that the 2007 model has a side stand, the 2006 model has everything about from the electrics to fit side stand. Does your bike have the side stand or is it like the 2006 model?

Emma

Live to ride, Ride to live

Hi Emma,

Yes my 2007 model has the side stand.

Since August I've experienced 3 issues with my YBR.

a) I'm getting a judder in the front when applying the brakes. but it only starts to judder when i hit an uneven surface whilst braking ! I've since had the front springs stiffened to avoid bottoming them out due to my weight. Nevertheless the judder persists. I think it'l be a set of tyres to get rid of those aweful chinese made nylons !.

B) The ignition key appears to have developed a fault such that I have to juggle the key around in the barrel to get it started. Strangely enough, the iginition lights work fine and the starter cranks over - it simply won't fire up !

c) The clutch cable failed and had it replaced with a 2006 model. Fitted perfectly !

I'm now approaching 4K with my YBR and can say that I'm getting a craving for a little something more top-end !

Does the 2006 model have a catalytic converter in the silencer ? I can't wait to get mine off !

Steve

The power crave hits us all, my YB had some work done and crikey does it show.

With the key, have you possibly bent it whilst it was in the barrel of the ignition or, if applicable, the fuel cap? My friend thinks he bent his when he dropped the fuel cap with the keys in it.

And blast you all for having side stands! :angry:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online