Bennetts Ins.....shame on them

nickm
This post is 6136 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

last year i had my bike insured through bennetts. when i applied for it, i opted out of automatic renewal. but 4 weeks before renewal, they wrote to me saying that they will automatically renew the policy unless i phoned them. so i phoned them not to renew. i arranged ins elsewhere ( this was end of april ). guess what? i also received a policy from bennetts and they had charged my credit card £192. i phoned them straight away and they admitted their mistake and cancelled the policy. i returned all the documents by recorded delivery. i also received confirmation letter saying that they will refund the money to my card. since then i have phoned them about 6 times on national rate phone number and they have still not refunded the money. i contacted my card company yesterday and they are going to sort out the problem.

SO BE WARNED. BENNETTS ARE FAST AT TAKING THE MONEY BUT S**T WHEN IT COMES TO PAY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.....................................................THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

last year i had my bike insured through bennetts. when i applied for it, i opted out of automatic renewal. but 4 weeks before renewal, they wrote to me saying that they will automatically renew the policy unless i phoned them. so i phoned them not to renew. i arranged ins elsewhere ( this was end of april ). guess what? i also received a policy from bennetts and they had charged my credit card £192. i phoned them straight away and they admitted their mistake and cancelled the policy. i returned all the documents by recorded delivery. i also received confirmation letter saying that they will refund the money to my card. since then i have phoned them about 6 times on national rate phone number and they have still not refunded the money. i contacted my card company yesterday and they are going to sort out the problem.

SO BE WARNED. BENNETTS ARE FAST AT TAKING THE MONEY BUT S**T WHEN IT COMES TO PAY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.....................................................THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CRAP

I have just cancelled my policy with them after they wanted a hugh amount for my new bike..the policy had 6 months left to run and between their penalties for cancelling early and admin fees they had the cheek to say I owed 8 quid!!. I rang them played hell and they have waved the 8 quid but it means I have had 6mths biking and paid for 12 months

They dont seem as good as their adverts make them out to be

I have just cancelled my policy with them after they wanted a hugh amount for my new bike..the policy had 6 months left to run and between their penalties for cancelling early and admin fees they had the cheek to say I owed 8 quid!!. I rang them played hell and they have waved the 8 quid but it means I have had 6mths biking and paid for 12 months

They dont seem as good as their adverts make them out to be

make sure you ask them to remove your card details from their records or else they might renew the policy when the original renewal comes up. i had cancelled my policy but they still renewed. bennetts is just another name for BISL , dial direct are same company. my wife is insured with dial direct and yesterday i faxed them to have her card details removed from their records.

clever buggers!

This is why you should always cancel your direct debits through the bank aswel as cancelling the insurance policy!!

i always pay the premium in full and not instalments so i have to use my card.

:icon_redface1: my bad, im just used to paying installments with the price my insurance is at :lol:

how much is your insurance. i pay 120 for 2006 fazer with unlimited mileage fully comp but then i am 50!

how much is your insurance. i pay 120 for 2006 fazer with unlimited mileage fully comp but then i am 50!

£600 TPFT, BUT before your jaw hits the floor :lol: im 22 and just passed my test last week, for an 03 plate R6

£600 TPFT, BUT before your jaw hits the floor :lol: im 22 and just passed my test last week, for an 03 plate R6

well done on passing your test. just be careful on the bike and build up NCBs and you will be fine.mind you, bennetts wanted £192 for similar policy! nice choice of bike. i would like one of them but i don't think i would enjoy the bending down :lol:

Who's that insurance with, i'm paying about £575 fully comp on my '04 R6 and im only 22. I have got a years NCD from my 125 days but thats the only difference.

Who's that insurance with, i'm paying about £575 fully comp on my '04 R6 and im only 22. I have got a years NCD from my 125 days but thats the only difference.

for your age and the bike, it is a very good price compared to £600 TPFT! i found that hastings are very good. at the moment i am with express ins. i only went with them as they were the cheapest. my friend has always been with carole nash and according to him they are the bees knees. very good in the event of a claim which i hope nobody has to do.

for your age and the bike, it is a very good price compared to £600 TPFT! i found that hastings are very good. at the moment i am with express ins. i only went with them as they were the cheapest. my friend has always been with carole nash and according to him they are the bees knees. very good in the event of a claim which i hope nobody has to do.

I just passed my test and bought an 99 r6, im paying £325 tpft from H&R insurance im 29

Bit of a long winded story this so will endevour to keep it short. Anyway had insurance with A-Quote for a hornet 900 not bad price and renewed it last september,then in december i accidently pur chased an MT01 and part chopped the hornet. Aquote gave a highish rate but i could just about live with it. Then had operation on my hand and couldnt ride for three months. As i have an old zephyr 750 in me shed thought i know i'll insure that instead of the mt01. They Quoted me a higher price for the zephyr(£440) thats 10 years old, then they did for a brand new mt01. When i questioned this they said the zephyr was a more nickable bike and would not budge. I then phoned round for some quotes elsewhwere and got a quote for the mt01 that was 200quid less than the zephyr. I therefore changed insurance companies but now A quote have said i owe them all but £5 of the whole years worth of insurance even though i cancelled due to ridiculously high premiums. I've told them to go F*** themselves. Morale of the story is stay away from A QUOTE

Bit of a long winded story this so will endevour to keep it short. Anyway had insurance with A-Quote for a hornet 900 not bad price and renewed it last september,then in december i accidently pur chased an MT01 and part chopped the hornet. Aquote gave a highish rate but i could just about live with it. Then had operation on my hand and couldnt ride for three months. As i have an old zephyr 750 in me shed thought i know i'll insure that instead of the mt01. They Quoted me a higher price for the zephyr(£440) thats 10 years old, then they did for a brand new mt01. When i questioned this they said the zephyr was a more nickable bike and would not budge. I then phoned round for some quotes elsewhwere and got a quote for the mt01 that was 200quid less than the zephyr. I therefore changed insurance companies but now A quote have said i owe them all but £5 of the whole years worth of insurance even though i cancelled due to ridiculously high premiums. I've told them to go F*** themselves. Morale of the story is stay away from A QUOTE

hi all, i recently swopped insurance, from direct choice, dont get me wrong they were very competative, but i found ebiker, its on the web, i got full comp for fzs 600, £124 including recovery, hows that for a bargain, im 46 in my first year of biking!! :lol:

JUST AN UPDATE....STILL NO REFUND!!!!

Tell you what, go to moneyclaimonline (not sure of exact web address), pay £30 to lodge a claim with the Courts, then add up what they owe you, plus interest, plus all the calls you made, plus charge 'em an hourly rate for your time wasted and the £30 for the claim, add 10% for 'pain and suffering' and they'll be served with a court order.

All I can say is.. WA*NKERS!

Angela

Tell you what, go to moneyclaimonline (not sure of exact web address), pay £30 to lodge a claim with the Courts, then add up what they owe you, plus interest, plus all the calls you made, plus charge 'em an hourly rate for your time wasted and the £30 for the claim, add 10% for 'pain and suffering' and they'll be served with a court order.

All I can say is.. WA*NKERS!

Angela

thanks but the card company are dealing with it. just sent them the paperwork yesterday. it is nice to know about the website. i hope that i never have to use it but you never know. nowadays everyone is money oriented and customer service/satisfactio is not important

just got a letter from the card company. they have charged back the disputed amount to bennetts and credited my account. this goes to prove that bennetts did not make a refund. so beware before you get insurance from them. next time i would rather pay a bit extra and go to a reputable company.