Dt125lc

lorrymark
This post is 6178 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys thanks for your response on my wanting to engine swap .

I'm in need of advice again please.-

I have just jump started my mk1 dt125lc without an exhaust on just to see if it starts !!!!!!!!!!!

It did, but alot of water was spu ing out of the exhuast outlet port !!! does anybody know y this is, the engine seems to have very low compression as i can push the kick start with my hand very easily.

Hope to hear from somebody sooooooooon

Cheers Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Are you loosing coolant? if you are I would say thats either the head gasket or cracked head/barrel, no way to check apart from the head has to come off. Would suspect the gasket first unless the engine has been cooked.

Rob

Hi

Are you loosing coolant? if you are I would say thats either the head gasket or cracked head/barrel, no way to check apart from the head has to come off. Would suspect the gasket first unless the engine has been cooked.

Rob

Check the coolant for the presence of oil - would confirm head gasket (which it sounds like).

Also possible white smoke out the exhaust (steam) if the engine can run long enough to get hot....

Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online