yamaha dt50 tuning

This post is 4461 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 5 months later...

lovely bike Xr400, well i had an '82 DT50 just a few months ago and it went ok with K&N ( on when i got it) and standard exhaust. I was getting 40/45 on flat and i weigh around 12 stone. How fast was you looking to go??

Cheers, Rich

lovely bike Xr400, well i had an '82 DT50 just a few months ago and it went ok with K&N ( on when i got it) and standard exhaust. I was getting 40/45 on flat and i weigh around 12 stone. How fast was you looking to go??

Cheers, Rich

im not ure, id like a true 50mph easily.. at the moment. its struggles too get there on the flat. new exhaust im thinking?

also, its got a bit more vibbey, anyway i can solve this?

it used too be smoother too ride. .?

any ideas/tips chaps =)

im not ure, id like a true 50mph easily.. at the moment. its struggles too get there on the flat. new exhaust im thinking?

also, its got a bit more vibbey, anyway i can solve this?

it used too be smoother too ride. .?

any ideas/tips chaps =)

RIGHT LISTEN HERE JAKE!!!!

i have a malaguti xsm 2006 if you look on google and type it in the bike is identical to the Yamaha dt50R

I have got my bike derestriced by my self and my bike has no trouble with 50mph i have had 60 on flat and 65down hill!

RESTRICTS YOUR BIKE HAS!!

1. If you look on the exhaust there is a little mount with 3 screws take them 3 screws out and inside there is a little gasket remove this gasket as it is choking up ur engine! When you put the 3 screws back in put abit of exhaust putty around were the gasket would be to seal the gap otherwise it will be loud!!!

2. Place a bigger jet in the carb!!!

3. DONT BUY A PERFORMANCE EXHAUST OR 70/80CC BIG BORE KIT!! UNLESS YOU GET IT FITTED PROFESSIONALLY AND HAVE OTHER MAJOR BITS DONE TO IT ASWELL INCLUDIN EXHAUST, BIGGER CARB, AND RACING CRANK OTHERWISE THE ENGINE WONT TAKE THE POWER AND YOU WILL SEIZE IT SOLID!!!!

4. Get a Bigger front sproket which will increase ur top speed!!

IMPORTANT!!!

5. LOOK ON THE EXHAUST THERE IS A PIPE WHICH LEADS UP NEAR THE EXPANSION CHAMBER, AND CONNECTS TO A LITTLE BLACK SILICONE TUBE TAKE THE TUBE OFF THE BLACK PIPE AND BLOCK THAT PIPE UP AGAIN I PUT A SPOT OF WELD ON THE BLACK PIPE TO STOP HOT AIR GOING INTO THE AIR BOX!!

THEN REMOVE YOUR SEAT AND NEAR THE BATTREY WILL BE THE AIRBOX WITH A 90* DEGREE ELBOW PIPE COMING OUT THE TOP REMOVE THAT THIS WILL INCREASE REV AND MAKE YOUR PED SOUND BETTER THEN GET A MEDIUM SIZE DRILL BIT AROUND 8MM AND DRILL 4 HOLE EACH SIDE OF THE AIR BOX SO IT GETS MORE COLD AIR INTO THE ENGINE!!

THATS ALL REALLY

ANY PROBLEMS CONTACT ME @ [email protected]

thanks dude have fun dont go to fast!!!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an 88' DT 50 U enduro and it has no problem hitting 50mph. It actually gets there at a fairly reasonable pace. I am 220 lbs! It's sounds like the bike is pretty weak if if wont cruise at 45-50mph. 5th and 6th gear are barely ever used. I am thinking about putting a 1 tooth smaller front sprocket to lower the gear ratio and give me some more pep in the lower gears and make the last two gears usable. This bike is completely stock.

-Bynum

AAAAH the youth of today.

you are blessed with the internet, in my day, when noah owned a ship yard :lol: , we worked by word of mouth.

i know its a balls being 16, but it wont be long until you are 17 and can go and do your full test so save your money and get a bike that does what you want,dont waste it on an xtra 1 MPH.

its not all about speed, its about being safe!! ;)

good luck ;)

i agree with that guy ^^^

save up and get a bigger bike, my DT is running a pod filter, 60 bore kit, performance expansion chamber and exhaust, pretty much everything i could find for it to make it go faster and it still only tops out at 50, cruises at 40, ive poured atleast £500 onto that bike looking for a bit more comfort, style, speed e.t.c but there isnt much you can do with it, pass your test and get onto a real bike ;)

the cheapest and most effective way to get more speed is to put a larger sprocket on the front, you will loose a bit of acceleration however and you need to make sure your engine has enough power (usually 2 teeth larger on the front is adequate)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Cheers, Rich

lmfao.... try being 17 1/2 stone on one!!!

I have bored holes in the air filter housing ( still going thru the filter not bypassing it )

cleaned everything

NGK Iridium plug

removed the back bit of the exhaust - I was thinking about cutting the long pipe on the bit I removed and reinstalling it because its loud....altho the police were checking cars/bikes today and didnt stop me :) ( infact they didnt even raise their radar gun lmfao )

she does.....

60kmph on a flat

85-90 down a REALLY big hill

and about 40 up one.......

Not too bad for a 50cc with standard parts..... the clean made the biggest difference :)

i have a yamaha dt50r 2007, i de restricted it in the exhaust, and i cant see where else its being restricted, but its slllooowww!!

im thinking of a full dep system?

is ti worth doing>

what restrictions are there exactly in the exhaust..... incase I missed something since im VERY new to this

Bert this thread is 3 years old, someone may know though but dont expect an answer from Jake eh!

lol.... sorry I didnt even notice :(

lol.... sorry I didnt even notice :(

Not sure about the exhaust on your bike but have a look at my thread 'De-restricting my DT125R' you will see the restriction I removed from my exhaust quite early on in that thread. It will give you an idea what to look for. Sometimes however there are other things in there like Catalist converters etc, I wouldnt recommend a novice to dig that deep. Get a 125 and be done with it is my advice, 50's are for 16 year olds ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online