1979 Yamaha 1100 XS

studly256
This post is 6237 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

:blink: I have a 1979 Yamaha 1100 XS

Problem is no spark.

I bought a new Ignition Switch and Wiring Harness.

Now as for all the Plugins on the wiring harness,color code wize. All seemed to match up fine.

All but, the small 4 prong plug coming from the Ignition unit box(under the seat) to the distributor.?( I call it a distributor it may be called a pickup coil all I know is is that its round , spinds,has 4 wires going to it.so it looks like a Electronic Ignition distributor.)

(1) I need to know if I got the Ignition unit Box Wired Right.

looks like a large 10 prong plug going into the Ignition unit,I tested for current and I'm getting power to the Ignition unit. But,coming out of the ignition unit is a small 4 prong plug I'm not getting any power coming out .

Does this mean the ignition unit box is bad?Sence I'm getting power going in but not going out.

(2) It would be helpfull to know also, witch is input and witch is out put on the Ignition Unit?

(3)Last on the Ignition Unit the 4 prong plug Does it go from the ignition unit to the distributor?

Can some one Help me :blink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online