BHP restrictions

fergy543
This post is 6243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone, in the early 90"s German bikes were restricted on output. I"ve got a 1993 YZF750R bought new in Germany. My question is was this bike restricted through the Ignition Control Unit and will fitting a British spec ICU bring it back to full power.Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone, in the early 90"s German bikes were restricted on output. I"ve got a 1993 YZF750R bought new in Germany. My question is was this bike restricted through the Ignition Control Unit and will fitting a British spec ICU bring it back to full power.Cheers.

In answer to my own question,after many phone conversations and forum trawling,the answer did in fact turn out to be the ICU.Now i didn"t discover this, it was in fact a brilliant guy called Stephen at Yamaha UK tech services dept.He spent ages trying to track down the answer so if any of you have a question,give him a bell.I"ve managed to source a used Brit spec ICU which hopefully should be here soon,so as soon as that comes and I get my cylinder head de-carbonised, I2ll be out playing in the sun again.If for any strange reason, anyone wants a restricted ICU let me know. :rolleyes: