Sick TRX

STEELBACK
This post is 6259 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been having problems with my TRX - she has been flooding on start and running rough under 3000 rpm, on the advice of another forum I have completely rebuilt the carbs with a repair kit. I have also renewed the plugs and air filter but the b***ch is still flooding - any ideas????? <_<

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have been having problems with my TRX - she has been flooding on start and running rough under 3000 rpm, on the advice of another forum I have completely rebuilt the carbs with a repair kit. I have also renewed the plugs and air filter but the b***ch is still flooding - any ideas????? <_<

Sounds like needle valve or float height.

Do you have one plug running black? or at least darker than the other, chances are that is the problem cylinder/carb.

If you are sure that she is flooding, then it'll probably be a problem with the fuel tap, possibly coupled with a problem with the carb:

If the fuel tap is the vacuum diaphragm type, the diapragm can split/perish so that fuel actually runs down the vacuum pipe into the top of the carbs and flood from there (as it bypasses the float bowls). Can get a petrol tap repair kit (if that is the problem).

If she is flooding via the float bowls then a) a float needle isn't sitting correctly in the passage where it should block the flow of fuel once the level has been reached (or the float 'doesn't! float') and B) the petrol tap is letting fuel pass - this is okay if only when the engine is running (as that's when it should flow) but if she floods with the engine off, then the fuel tap is suspect.

Get back with or for more information if necessary.

Whereabouts are you?

Paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online