I need help with a repair....

LeeJ
This post is 6330 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

I was wondering what is the easiest way to take off my rear tire. I ran over a screw on the weekend, and I need to replace the tube. If any of you have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Lee

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you will need to remove rear wheel, remove air valve to release any remaining air, then with a set of tyre levers/irons, start to lever the tyre over the rim,start at the valve, when you have removed on side remove tube, check inside of tyre for any foreign objects, I:E the screw ( do not omit to do this i once found 27 thorns in a tractor tyre )

fit new tube put tyre back on opposite valve then work it back over the rim, you will have to lever the last bit back, now here is the trickey bit be very careful levering the tyre back it is very easy to trap the tube between the rim and iron/lever as you put it back on,

mervin

you will need to remove rear wheel, remove air valve to release any remaining air, then with a set of tyre levers/irons, start to lever the tyre over the rim,start at the valve, when you have removed on side remove tube, check inside of tyre for any foreign objects, I:E the screw ( do not omit to do this i once found 27 thorns in a tractor tyre )

fit new tube put tyre back on opposite valve then work it back over the rim, you will have to lever the last bit back, now here is the trickey bit be very careful levering the tyre back it is very easy to trap the tube between the rim and iron/lever as you put it back on,

mervin

don't fortget to break the seal first on the rim. I run my car over the tire slightly and you can hear it crack. otherwise you can't get a lever in.

mervin

Thank you. you've been a great help

LEE

Drewpy good point about breaking seal there, I forgot that, though usually if you have punctured it and run it flat the seal is broken anyhow, will not go into the agricultral tyres and using JCB,s to push tyres out of split rims!!!

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online