Yamaha RS100 (1981)

vishal
This post is 6331 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

dear all,

i have just purchased this bike -

the clutch is sticky - i think it could do with a service. i wanting to get my hands dirty - what should i do for a basic service?

change the oil, filter, plug etc?

where is the best place to get parts for my bike - i am based in north london.

worse case - who should i go to for servicing - i need someone who is cheap but good.

many thanks,

vishal vora

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dear all,

i have just purchased this bike -

the clutch is sticky - i think it could do with a service. i wanting to get my hands dirty - what should i do for a basic service?

change the oil, filter, plug etc?

where is the best place to get parts for my bike - i am based in north london.

worse case - who should i go to for servicing - i need someone who is cheap but good.

many thanks,

vishal vora

Get yourself a manual and read it.

Haynes should do one for your bike and it tells you what needs doing at what intervals and how its done. That's how I learned.

thanks - and if i don't fancy getting my hands dirty? can anyone recommend a mechanic who is london based?

You can't have a bike & not get yer hands dirty

It's part of havin one

Get hold of a copy of Motorcycle and scooter maintenance manual by Hugo Wilson ISBN-7513-0402-6

a very good guide for beginners even if you are not intending to do any work yourself it will give you a good insight into how the thing works

merv

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online