Bums On Bikes Rally?

thunderass
This post is 6334 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an idea and would like some feedback please. :question:

Like alot of you im sure i am and have been following various rallies - Dakar, North Africa etc, and the usual Bullrun, Gumball etc.

The cost to participate is mind blowing to the average person.

My idea is to hold a rally for bikes, covering a large portion of Western Europe, totally Un-official, proberly totally illegal, but all in the name of fun.

Basic rules - No Sat Navs, maps only and all have the same. Destination only. No motorways, no toll roads only minor roads only and set for maybe a week or two, oh yes camping only!

Just a group of fellow bikers with a mission - to set off at individual times to get to various places, maybe collect something that is distinguished to that place, anything but a postcard.

A prize maybe - everyone puts a tenner into a kitty, obviously the more taking part the bigger the kitty and half of that goes to a worthwile charity chosen by the winner with the shortest time and the most outrageous items.

The only costs would be the norm if you were touring Europe. The idea is to keep it cheap yet fullfilling!

Or maybe something like this could be set up in this country as a taster - start things off small and progress.

Or maybe someone already does something like this, would be great to know - how to join in etc.

This all came to me while watchig the Dakar.

So, there is my idea. It could start off as a regular meet, then navigate into a national rally (race isnt quite the idea - most of us still need to keep a clean license). :angel3:

Please give it some thought and pass on some ideas - could be fun.

Thanks

Ps I thought the name 'Bums On Bikes' had a certain ring to it!

Thunderass

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i would love to go. however i would most deffinately get lost. im so sh!t at directions i got a tomtom rider for xmas! other than that detail of no sat nav i like the sound of the rest of it. i would be most willing to go. sounds like a giggle as well. although if the time trial bit doesn't work. a mass europe tour would be fun too. and the idea of collecting an item from each destination is great!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online