Hello from Banbury

caulkie
This post is 6292 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi :P

Name's Martin, been an XJR1300 owner since September 2002, totally love the bike, on my 2nd one and done over 50,000 miles between both bikes. The XJR has rubbed on to my wife as she started off two years ago on an old 1200 and received her first brand new 1300 as an early birthday present last March.

I've just completed the maddest day o my life, before Christmas, two friends and me went from the Ace cafe in London to the Arc De Triomphe, Paris, and back to the Ace in 15 hours. I'm the tall one built like a small village..........

PHOT0027.jpg

Post a better pic of the bike soon, when I got one uploaded, but here is a pic of my "other" Yamaha.........

IMG_8672.jpg

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Martin

Test riding the XJR on Saturday, have owned Yam's for the last 7 years (R1 5 years and then XVS1100A Dragstar - too much of a change). Fell in love with the look of the XJR and didn't want to go back to full on sports (done that).

When I buy it, which I am sure I will i'll drop a picture (02 model, Blue, 4k std).

Nice one on the ride out sounds as though good fun was had.

Cheers

Fox

Hi :P

Name's Martin, been an XJR1300 owner since September 2002, totally love the bike, on my 2nd one and done over 50,000 miles between both bikes. The XJR has rubbed on to my wife as she started off two years ago on an old 1200 and received her first brand new 1300 as an early birthday present last March.

I've just completed the maddest day o my life, before Christmas, two friends and me went from the Ace cafe in London to the Arc De Triomphe, Paris, and back to the Ace in 15 hours. I'm the tall one built like a small village..........

PHOT0027.jpg

Post a better pic of the bike soon, when I got one uploaded, but here is a pic of my "other" Yamaha.........

IMG_8672.jpg

Hi Martin

Test riding the XJR on Saturday, have owned Yam's for the last 7 years (R1 5 years and then XVS1100A Dragstar - too much of a change). Fell in love with the look of the XJR and didn't want to go back to full on sports (done that).

When I buy it, which I am sure I will i'll drop a picture (02 model, Blue, 4k std).

Nice one on the ride out sounds as though good fun was had.

Cheers

Fox

Hi Fox

If you like the look then you'll love the feel. Very versatile bike, and I do like the 02 model, rides better.

Will be a more pleasant change then a Dragstar. Both me and the wife have them and we are part of the XJR Owners Group ( I wouldn't reccomend looking at the XJR Owners Club at the mo, too much politics)

If you want help then check out www.xjrog.com. You will be welcomed.

Stay safe and enjoy it on Saturday, even if it rains.

Caulkie :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online