RSX100 (1990) Engine Oil Replenishment

Dr Sangrado

Silly question, but how does one gain access to the filler cap? The Haynes manual explains that the dual seat pivots on the RH side and is opened by a key operated latch on the LH side. This should give access to it, and although I can see the cap just below the fuel tank, I can't see where the lock is, if there is one.

Thanks for your help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The lock is right under the edge of the seat just forward of the left shock.

Bottom picture...

YAMAHA RXS 100 RXS100 SEAT 5H5-W2472-00 | eBay

Thanks for your reply. I checked again, no sign of a lock and the seat is firmly bolted down. Looked again and saw there was a 10mm bolt at the lower right corner of the oil tank side panel which I removed. After gingerly pulling gently on the cover, the back swung outwards, holding the oil tank on its base. When I first looked to see how to reach the filler cap I noticed that it was positioned closely under a frame member, which had me confused. With the panel moving outwards it makes replenishment simpler, and cleaner.  Good design, whenever it was changed; but Yamaha forgot to tell Haynes.