06 r6 Conversion from Blue to White/Red Question

Osman
This post is 6394 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys,

I'm actually from US and registered here on the forums to get some advice and help. I recently just bought an 06 r6 blue and have been in love with the white/red color combo. Now I want to convert my bike into that color combo. Do you think it'll be cheaper for a paint body shop to replica such a color or would it be smart of me to just buy all the parts from UK. If anyone is selling please advice. I would really appreciate the help and info.

Thanks

Oz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well you could try ebay to see if anyone is selling the kit off from a secondhand bike, but i would think respray would be the way to go postage is going to be very expensive and new bits from yamaha well they are not cheap

Merv

Well man i think you should just get it painted but dont jus get it plain get some graphics done to it while your at it cuz its gonna cost you once and jus do it well, plus body parts are gonna be a bitch to install and order.

Well you could try ebay to see if anyone is selling the kit off from a secondhand bike, but i would think respray would be the way to go postage is going to be very expensive and new bits from yamaha well they are not cheap

Merv

Thanks for the fast response, I do agree with you some guy in US already did order and his total came out to be something like $3000 shipped with is pretty high. So, yes paint is the way to go. Now in US, theres this site like www.colorrite.com they have all the paint codes for the US R6 models. I would really appreciate if someone could find some information regarding the paint code of the white and red combination. I would like the paint to be as close as possible. If anyone can help please do. Thanks in advance :)

thats a lot for parts i would recommend a re-spray as you can have your own details added such as stickers that you may have put on have them painted in!!

heres a silly question, why did you not just buy the red one? wow thats really dumb i know!!

have you considered the valencia themed yamaha m1 that rossi rode with the red and white block pattern? i think its the agostini replica/homage.

• 2 weeks later...

have you considered the valencia themed yamaha m1 that rossi rode with the red and white block pattern? i think its the agostini replica/homage.

That's what colors mine would be If I had one ;)B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online