Huescar Moto Festival!

Pete
This post is 6445 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Apparently every year the town has an old bike festival...and today was the day! So off I went into town on the XT (with no battery or regulator in it) to check it out.

Loads of European bikes, some of them with names I've never seen before. Only one Jap there from what I could see....an early 80's CX650 Turbo. Oh...and one Beemer! More on that later!

So here's some shots....with some real weird and wonderful machines to see!

They were all parked up on the central plaza in the town by 10am......

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Then at 11am they all moved off with horns beeping and crowds cheering! Apparently they all ride up to the La Sagra picnic area in the mountains overlooking the town.

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

They rode off the central plaza.....

IMG_0275.jpg

....and round the town in a convoy!

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

Now with all this old stuff here, somebody just had to break down in the middle of the procession!

And they did! Can you guess what it was?

IMG_0281.jpg

Yes....it was a Beemer! And the only one there! :lol:

This whole event was amazing to me! Because in my youth, the cops moved us on and hassled us. In later years, cops would still be in attendance pointing speed cameras at you.

But in Spain, they celebrate bikes as part of their culture....cos just about everybody has ridden one at some time in their lives. And you can see from the photos the old bikes in attendance (around 50 of them) were mainly Spanish, a few Italian, one Jap, and one Beemer (which broke down).

The whole town had a carnival atmosphere with food and drink laid on for them free! And the participants were treated as heroes by the huge crowd lining the streets waving and cheering as they passed.

Absolutely unreal! And only in Spain! B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you seen the calne wiltshire bike day in cmm recently loads of bikes including a cafe racer goldwing with leading link front forks clip ons etc

915214969751e454344d36ed8eee02bcedd66b3a7b7f8f28117200b2.jpg

8214501359def00b0eb4b6b33396acc8e821c9e462c393673fedeb49.jpg

321782801f51eacf18f52d019bf075c20306b733893b6450213ced6a.jpg

many thanks to Del (superderek) for the pics he does not know i nicked em :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Merv

Cheers Pete,

That must have been an interesting day indeed. When we were in Portugal earlier this year I spotted an old two stroke leaning against a wall. I went to have a look and found it to be a make I had never heard of, but an old guy appeared and managed to tell me that it was Portugese, although that was about all we did manage to get across! However, until then I had no idea that any bikes had ever been made in Portugal, so it goes to show that we shouldn't just assume that because we haven't heard of them they don't exist.

That Benelli Sei looks rather tidy, not too sure about the riding gear though :)

Merv, is that a chopper I see :o ?

Andy

yup Andy chopper, Calne bike day forgot me camera nicked these pics from Dels post on the Rd forum

willl see if i can find a pic of that cafe racer honda later, oh and according to Del the bloke with the beard is Stemil from the RD forum!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online