Espana XTrema!

Pete
This post is 6452 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went off into the middle of nowhere....heading towards Maria via Orce.

The sky was blue....temps in the mid 30's.....and the roads (as always) were clear!

IMG_0210.jpg

It's about 40 miles to get there.....and wilderness wherever you look!

IMG_0213.jpg

This is not the type of place to break down, especially in this heat! However, when you ride a Yamaha you don't need to concern yourself with things like that! B)

IMG_0214.jpg

The town of Orce is halfway to Maria, so I parked up on a hill overlooking the town! It was hot!

IMG_0220.jpg

And here's some views overlooking the town.....

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

Then down to Maria, a couple of minutes to cool down....and off I went again.

IMG_0215.jpg

It was then that I got buzzed and disrespected by a dumbass on a GSX-R, and I don't tolerate that shit.

These wannabe's (who've probably got a garage full of bikes) just can't understand that you respect the man and not the bike.

It was just his bad luck that we were getting into motard territory, where the little XT really comes into it's own.

IMG_0217.jpg

He passed me at the entrance to a bend as I'm plodding along and then hit the brakes hard, shutting the door on me.

So I buzzed him for 3 miles on his tail, showing him I could have done him on every bend, from either side, and then slipstreamed him 6 ins off his tail on every straight.

Eventually he'd become so flustered he pulled over and stopped. Pretended to be fiddling with the bike! Seen that one before!

So a few miles later I'm plodding along again so he really goes for it! Right up on my tail and no doubt he planned to give me the same hassle I gave him. He thought he could hang with me on motard roads.....but he had his clock cleaned....big style! Every bend or sequence of bends saw me widen the gap between us. Till eventually he wasn't even in my mirror! :lol:

Anyway, carried on heading back....still at full pelt....cos once you've upped the ante, the only way to drop back down to plodding is to get off and have a break.

So I called into my favourite Shell V-Power garage....top notch fuel btw. I use nothing else!

IMG_0221.jpg

This is the garage which has the donkeys and ponies!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Nearer home I had to call into one of the Brit-owned caves on business. So it was down a dirt track with the XT.....

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Then back to the house by 3pm by which time it was really getting warm.

This was the first proper run I've given the XT since I did the oil cocktail of mineral and semi synth. And it really seems to like mineral oil in it....running smoother and quieter than it ever has.

So I think I'll be totally switching it over to the Castrol GP mineral oil on the next change.

A nice couple of hours out....and a good run for the XT! Time for cleaning I think! :lol:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online