please be careful folks

mervin
This post is 6633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know most of us here are expeienced rideres etc and aware of the dangers of motorcycling

but please be careful out there everyone, this comes about as i ws returning home from a shopping trip with the missus on monday and came upon a fatal accident involving a bike. it looked as though the rider had taken the bend too fast and ploughed into the side on an oncoming car, Passing the scene again yesterday the police were searching the area high up the hedge for something. It has made me think this ws not a R1 or anyother plastic rocket it was a big scooter, it would also appar the rider was only wearing at shirt and shorts, so please be careful and if yuo wanna go like hell use a track day, I saw an R1 last year that had skidded off the track at donnington a couple of days before at 120 mph the rider walked away with just a bruise or 2 on his body and pride and the bike had a few scrapes, much safer place to rideat 3 figure speeds

Merv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wise words Mervin,

We too were on a shopping trip on Saturday and came across the scene of an RTA involving a bike and a car. The rider was receiving clearly much needed attention from the paramedics and was one of two people later reported to have been taken to hospital after the accident.

Their injuries were described as 'non life threatening'!

Sadly a guy on an R1 was killed over the weekend further East from us.

Please take care people, riding a bike is fun, riding fast is fun in the right place (on the track) but none of it is worth getting dead for.

Andy

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online