First time out!

slice
This post is 1398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just been out on the bike for the first time this year, it needed fuel and after all the suspension work over the winter I wanted to know if anything would fall off before I even thought about a longish run. Sun shining and almost empty roads was almost like being back in the 60s! Wife asked me if it was alright but I think the huge grin said it all. That said NOT ONE of the folks at the garage filling station had a mask or even a pair of gloves while using the pumps? are they just to cool to bother with this disease do you think? I had a crash helmet thick gloves and my snood on (it was chilly) but really! Moan over, that was a good day after 7 weeks indoors.

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice, longest I have done is 30 miles, that was doing several things in a loop, dropping some bits off for my parents, picking stuff up for neighbours. 

Spurious really and should probably have used the car, (its cheaper for a start), but it does feel good to get out in the breeze. Certainly de stresses me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Same here, took the bike out yesterday around Chippenham to pick up PPE for the wife's return to work next week.
When back to normality really looking forward to bombing it down the M4 Eastbound towards the smoke.
Mike.

I've been doing volunteer delivery runs and commuting the last few weeks. Soooo nice to get out!

I've been working as normal and as we have had a sustained spell of good weather, I have put 1800 miles on my bike since I got it MOT'd at the end of March.

All work commutting tho so takes edge off it a bit 

• Like 1