Hi There Newbie With Rusty RXS 100

Lazerman
This post is 6638 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there i thought i would introduce myself to you all.

I have a D reg Yamaha RXS 100 that is in a bit of a state at the moment after beeing stood for a long time.

The bike has only done 7k & runs very well with a substitute washing up liquid petrol tank.

Petrol tank resembles something you would strain sundays veg with.

The front & rear mudguards are see through.

The clutch will not release when lever pressed in.

Battery was very dead and bone dry.

Tyres have plenty of tread & sidewalls seem ok too , But aim to replace.

Seat surprisingly has no rips or tears .

I look forward to chatting to some of you whilst i find parts and rebuild this bullet proof bike .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right

Start with a search of local bike breakers etc or Flea bay for replacment bits, Clutch will be stuck, if you can bump start it ride along with clutch pulled in and keep applying brakes until it unsticks, then a lot of hard work paint etc will see you with a working bike,

merv

Cheers Merv ,

I found a tank but got sent one for an rs 100 which is a completly different tank longer and thinner.

Thought i might tap into a source that might be rich in a few spares here & there .

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

just a reminder, dont even think of using that batery again. get a new one, and keep it topped up with de-ionised water, if you can get hold of it, or at the very least brita filtered water. do not use tap water, as it can contain chemicals that will react very interestingly with the battery acid. lol, (seen it done, very messy)

other wise, hope it all goes well 4 u.

Guest Yam100RX-S

I've just acquired a 1995 Yamaha RX-S100, The only thing wrong with it is the front mudguard has a bit of the chrome flaked off, Might have it re-dipped then its a perfect best conditioned RX-S out there I'm pretty sure, It's only got 3056 miles on it and the seat looks brand new.

As I'm new to the Yamaha bikes, Is the RX-S really a bullet proof engine? And what are the common faults to them as this would be helpful.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online