HELP SOUGHT

vmax girl
This post is 6633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,all,would anyone know,anything,about why my nutral light is not working its not the bulb and i dont where else to look,i,m taking my cbt on sunday,and i have a yamaha 125 sr,p reg,and that little green light,will come in handy for the frist few weeks,... :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've had that same prob with my XT for over a year now :blink:

Bottom line is my clocks are shagged! <_<

But your issue might be something internally in the gearbox? :unsure:

Hi there,

I wonder if the neutral light switch has gone u/s? I have no idea where it would be located on your bike but I would look for a couple of wires coming out of the top of the gearbox and try to trace them to see where they go, then maybe try and see if they have any current passing through them.

Andy

Hey i see you live in cornwall, how far down i am not far from bude on the north side just in devon

Aha found you in Hayle, wrong end of cornwall for a look at the prob quickly tomorrow morning

Merv

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got an SR, but im down in helston, bit far, lol.

you see where the chain goes in to the gear box, take off that little pannel (two screws, one at top, one at bottom, before flywheal case join) and make sure the wires arent cought on the sporket or that they are shorting. if that doesnt help, im afraind uve got two options;

1. put up with it, lol.

or

2. take it to your local bike garage, and ask them to try and fix it.

(ps, u sure its not the bulb, or its conections on the dash set? they can work loose sometimes, or get corroded)

Go gentil on the throtle then, let her do 100 miles on low revs, otherwise you may do some damage to the engine, as bits need to "remember" where they sat when the engine was running.

where, roughly,are you near?

kim

lol, just finished college, so ive got loads of time atm.

got a new job starting up tho, so i wont be riding so much. :(

i dont know the north coast so well, but i know the lizard peninsula like the back of my hand, been riding it for the last year and a half.

ne idea when ur gonna take ur full test? or is it in the distant future?

Kim

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online