Electrics query!

slice
This post is 2212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks just a quick question, I am thinking of putting a new set of rear view mirrors on the FJR, I would like to use some with the indicator built in but the ones I want to use are LCD and the ones on the bike (front fairing and rear) are bulbs, so my question is will it matter if I just bung them on and connect them or do I have to use anything else to make them work? I know it's a silly question but I am stumped as to whether it needs a controller in the circuit or not. Thanks folks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you are keeping the original lamps, I think you will be ok as there is very little resistance in LED.

flash git :D

Thanks mate, I just could not get my head around the LED thing. It's just that the front indicators are really low down on the bike and I thought that a set on the upper part of the bike might make it easier to see where the BMWs can aim.

They can sometimes allow power across to the other indicators.

You may find you have 4 way flashers. Or depending on how the fjr is wired you may find the rears sulk.

May be nothing too. 

• Like 1

Think you'll be OK I connected an led to my indicators just to test the theory and worked fine although I did only try one side

If you do get problems change indicator bulbs to led and get led flasher unit, all on eBay 

• Like 1

Thanks Cynic that was the problem I thought it might have. Tommy I might give that a go, connect up a couple of LEDs to it and see if the bugger works. :shrug:

8 hours ago, slice said:

Thanks Cynic that was the problem I thought it might have. Tommy I might give that a go, connect up a couple of LEDs to it and see if the bugger works. :shrug:

don't forget to put them the right way round (anode and cathode)

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 6:02 PM, drewpy said:

don't forget to put them the right way round (anode and cathode)

When fitting led's,

don't  PANiC ;)

(P)ositive(A)node(N)egative(C)athode

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

When fitting led's,

don't  PANiC ;)

(P)ositive(A)node(N)egative(C)athode

Anode that ;)

12 minutes ago, drewpy said:

Anode that ;)

If you say that in a certain way, it sounds like Tommy

• Like 1