Bike values...

Cynic
This post is 2294 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, i was bored. 

I'm half looking for a Vmax, not all that hard but still looking. Oddly, proper utter shite (normally non full power) is 2-3k and 5k mile minters are around 5. Go figure?

Anyway i got to wondering ,  (because the wife said i can't have both, but my leg issues are getting worse and highway pegs are getting a very attractive prospect) just how daft prices are for mine. 

OMG, garbage is up for around 3, a uk bike is up for 7, that's SEVEN grand. And its got issues, chief amongst them its the truly horrid and globally hated harlequin paint job. 

Look, the cheeky sod, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-TDR250-Classic-Bike/263448113722?hash=item3d56bb323a:g:22gAAOSwoBlaYmJR

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You do know that the VMAX is a 4 stroke right? :lol:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, slice said:

You do know that the VMAX is a 4 stroke right? :lol:

Yeah i know but if you ever rode one, it goes like a 2 stroke, a big monster stroker.

Up to 6k ok, moving nicely then you hear a buzz and wham!!! wtf happened, it goes from 40 to 140hp. Believe me, it never gets old, i have ridden 3 now.

Then obviously you have the equally perilous task of stopping and turning the bstd.

Mate if you're selling your TDR I want it! 

Prices are crazy for 2 strokes though, makes sense to keep it in my opinion

Ok, first dibs goes to you. 

Did say i was only half looking...

3 hours ago, Cynic said:

Ok, first dibs goes to you. 

Did say i was only half looking...

:lol:

5 hours ago, Cynic said:

Yeah i know but if you ever rode one, it goes like a 2 stroke, a big monster stroker.

I've never ridden one, but led to believe as long as you don't want to go round a corner, you're ok

Oh nice one Jimmy, CORNERS..! I will be able to keep up with you now that your gunna wobble and roll like I do on the FJR. :D

Well, having ridden a few now its never going to rival anything sports in the cornering stakes its good enough.

Don't forget its a 140hp motorcycle that is only geared for 120 or so. Its a slow in blast out type of thing.

They are a bike you have to ride though, just like the TDR. Go easy and not tell it who's boss any your gonna hurt.

I have had the RD, before they were cool. Had the TDR but still have the Max box to tick although.....

Wifey said this morning and i quote, " If you wait a bit there is no reason not to have BOTH", knew i married her for a reason :wub:

That may be skewed by the fact the value of the TDR is now 3 times what i paid for it....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online