YBR 125 (2010) centre stand

sisu
This post is 2240 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Was stripping down the centre stand to clean and paint but for the life of me I cant get the centre pin to come out.  Have removed brake pedal and rear footrest bracket ... according to Haynes I should be able to just remove it from the right hand side but is stuck solid.  Have tried WD40 and tapping with hammer (the stub that sticks out is the lower bolt hole for the rear footrest) but no luck.

Has a look at footrest bolt on left - not sure if I can drift it out through that - did try with thin bolt but no luck although not sure if I'm just banging against frame rather than left end of pin.

I could put a blow torch on it but a lot near it I would rather not flame (and don't want to wreck paint).

Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you read this thread?  ( Center stand on correctly YBR125)  Posted by another member he had a different problem but it's a good photo of the centre stand and might help if you point out the part your having a problem with.

image_zpsdxumeuje.jpeg

Thanks Slice, photo is helpful

I have (hopefully) attached a rather crudely marked up photo.  The red arrow points to the pin/pivot that needs to come out ... the blue arrow is the point where a flange on the pin/pivot meets the frame- this continues through and locates into the frame on the other side.  There isn't anywhere to get a grip on the pin/pivot to pull on it and I am not sure if I can use a drift through the screw hole (as per screw at red arrow but on the other side).  I tried an undersized bolt that fits past the threads in the bolt hole on the other side but no luck - not sure if I am hitting the end of the pin/pivot or just the frame.

Capture spring arrowed.JPG

Ok from what I understand about these things the collar (blue arrow) only sits up to the frame, you have to drive the thing from the other side to remove it.

This is the best photo I could fine that shows the pin Image result for yamaha ybr 125 centre stand picture It might be tapered so that's why the bastard is so difficult to remove. This is the pin Related image Heat is your friend here I think, Don't use a blow torch just an  electric paint stripper will do and plenty of WD40 (other makes are available :))

OK Slice, now I just feel like a complete plonker ...

I looked at the exploded diagram as it occurred to me there was nothing keeping a simple pin in place and there had to be a 'positive' fixing beyond the foot rest plate keeping it pressed in.  The only logical solution was that the pin was either tapered (as noted above as a possibility) and hammered in or was threaded (the diagrams I could find were not clear enough to confirm ... the photo above in hindsight does look threaded). 

I tried a long bolt with several nuts to see if I could get the shaft to unscrew but couldn't get nuts to hold in place ... took a closer look at the bolt hole and found that it is actually a really big hex head (honestly not easy to make out while on the bike).  Breaker bar and my largest alan key socket later and shaft wound out - pretty rusty but salvageable.

Hopefully my stupidity and flailing about can help others with same issue if they find this in a search :rolleyes:

AAA.JPG

BBB.JPG

Your not alone mate, we've all been there, I find LOT'S of swearing and throwing tools makes me feel better. :lol: PLUS who the fuck hides an allen key socket hole behind a bolt?:shrug:

• Like 1

I had the same working on the wife's car changing an alternator.

Twisting things 3 ways from Sunday for over an hour because a bolt was just too long to come out.

Was on the point of using the electric spanner when i had a moment, last chance and all. That's when i noticed the slot cut into the alternator mount. Rotate the alternator slightly and slide left.

Easy....... 'cough cough'

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online