Blue Smoke Saga: Part Deux

flyday58
This post is 2454 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So there's also the 71 AT-1 and the 74 GT80 to talk of. I've been working with the jetting on both bikes, leaning them out for the high altitude here ( around 4000m). I think the AT-1 is close but I'm waiting on a new air filter before going further. It seems as if the 125 is not getting enough air, and the filter, while clean, looks almost original. So waiting on a filter. I went from a 150 to a 120 main and a 20 pilot jet on this (same jets as now in the DT). Runs better but bogs quickly going uphill, and the airbox sounds almost like a resonator, like it is laboring very hard to pull air through. I don't want to run it without the filter due to dusty conditions here, so we wait. The outfit I ordered from on ebay somehow overlooked my order; when I asked they were upset to learn they had missed it, sent me the filer AND gave me a refund. Score one for the home team!

The GT80 improved quite a bit with just the main jet swap; pjmotorsports.com did not have the proper pilot jet for the little Yam that could. Went from 94 to 85, then 80. Very peppy now but I think even my slight 11 and a half stone is a bit much for it. I talked my dearest friend out of it and he was the original owner, so it stays unless he ever wants it back.

As soon as I get the AT-1 sorted it goes on the auction block. I always lusted after the thing from the time the first one showed up in my neighborhood in the early 70s in its glossy candy red livery. I came across this one in Denver three years ago and jumped at the chance to own one. But I don't have the stamina to look after this many bikes and do them all justice anymore. plus I'm sorta looking at getting a brand new TW200 so need to make room and got to keep the 80 and the 175 and the 1200 something has to go wifey is threatening bodily harm. What? I didn't say nothin....

Now we are caught up.

Richard

Edited by flyday58
Change is inevitable...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online