Yamaha YBR - Slight accident

Kane Owen
This post is 2543 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good evening! 

I was looking for some advice and help on a certain matter which is bothering me a lot. I recently drove into my car park which has a metal grid laid down to prevent weeds growing. I was traveling about 10-15mph when the bike end slipped and landed on it's side. 

Cosmetics were a cracked shield, foot lever and a mirror, nothing great, all replaceable. However, when I picked the bike up and walked it, I could feel the bike's steering felt crooked. Do you know what I can do to help it? I have someone come over and have a look - his results? Fine. He said he could pick up speed, go no handed, and it wouldn't pull ect.So why all over a sudden does it feel wrong?

You know what I mean? It just doesn't feel right.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Loosen the bottom yoke (fork) clamps, put front wheel between your legs, give the handle bars a wiggle, tighten them back up and it will be back to normal

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When a bike falls over, the falks twist In the clamps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes

As above. 

Loosen both bottom bolts. As well as giving "the bars a wiggle", sit on the bike, pull on the front brake and bounce the forks up and down. This will centre everything again.

When thats done, pop into the new members section and post an intro*....You'll get a load more help

* Unless of course you have no intention to keep posting once this issue is sorted

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online