Ohhhh Shiney

jimmy
This post is 2577 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Not a Yam, but my auld Speedtwin so delete if offensive to anyone

Mrs Jimmy just bought me these for my birthday, albeit she doesn't know that yet. Anyway a few questions for those who have done such things

3mm Stainless or 5mm alloy or what for the plates

Where is a good source for the connecting rods and fixings

Re:- The tank...Alloy tanks are funny money so thoughts on a decent looking tank (as long as it it single spine, I can fabricate and weld lugs to suit)

55_zpszitgkatt.jpg

54_zps9eqk6ftz.jpg

53_zps3rhzuzqj.jpg

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

S/S is best in my opinion, it gets dirty but really don't need a lot of cleaning whereas alloy even with a coat of lacquer needs care.

Can't help with con rods and such, last place I used went out of business in 1979 (gulp!) Pride and Clarks in East London I seem to remember.

I have an XJ 750 tank in the garage, been there for the last 4 or 5 years, dry stored and stripped, I figure if I haven't used it by now it's never gunna get used, if your interested let me know Jimmy.

• Like 1

Are we talking the same conrods....I'm on about the rods connecting the original gear selector and the rear set.

I'll measure up the tank length and let you know bud.

I used marine supply shops. just need to use google. get the ones with a reverse thread on one end

zipkart shops are also good for stuff like that

• Like 1

Ah "connecting rods NOT "Con rods" sorry mate just put it down to old age! :ph34r:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online