Fek me, it's windy

jimmy
This post is 2604 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had to drop some stuff for my auld bike off at the powdercoaters. As you know I hate riding in the rain, but no choice today. The only (main) road out of this place was closed due to a large fire so all the rat runs would be clogged up therefore the car was a non starter. So off i set on a heavy rain/hail shower which lasted about 10 miles. After that it dried up all the way there and back (including an unscheduled detour when I got lost in Paisley), but the wind was fekking howling especially on the way home where about 25miles of M-Way riding was spent just trying to keep the bike upright. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hate the M-ways at the best of times would stay off if pos when its windy, was the bridge closed Jim ?wouldn't fancy going over there in the wind.

Tommy

Since they stopped charging tolls, the bridge only ever gets closed to high sided vehicles, even at that it is never Policed. You may have seen the news from up here a few months ago where a lorry risked crossing over the Forth bridge. Almost at the end, a gust of wind blew his lorry over causing a bridge closure and emergency repairs over two days. A court appearance and his P45 sent out a message to other drivers

• Like 1

Braw oor here on the East Jimbo.   like summer today,  got the shed doors opened and bikes started. B)

• Like 1

Its always braw out that way. Thinking in heading over that way on Sunday for the Bike show

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online