Ybr 125 clock problem

Ybrman
This post is 2626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all , new member ,have a 2015 ybr 125 with what appears to be an unusual problem . It's a  one  owner UK bike , servicing matches mileage all appears ok. The speedo is marked in mph and appears to be displaying same correctly , however the oddmeter and trip are both showing what appears to be kilometers ? Took it for a ride with a mate whose clock showed 15 .3 miles the ybr showed 24.9 which is what it would be in km , anyone experience a similar problem ? Thanks 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well the speedo on the YBR is cable driven (or at least it is on mine, and I presume it to be on the new ones as well), so, the speedo and mile count are all mechanically driven, so their must be a mistake in the internal gearing, perhaps an error during production. Take it to a Yam dealer and ask them about it, I had a quick look on google and this guy: 

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=295310

has had the same issue that you're describing, probably a batch of YBR's with this issue, might even be a recall on your model. You'd be amazed how quiet manufacturers keep callbacks, there are shit loads on a number of very common bikes. 

Anyway, take it to a Yam dealer, if it's still under warranty make them fix it, don't take no for an answer, you're entitled to it being fixed and they have to do it. (provided, of course, it's still under warranty, if it's not then just buy a set of second hand clocks on ebay or something.)