yamaha tw125 electric starting problems

crispytw
This post is 5648 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

i have just bought a yamaha tw125. i have noticed that it does not have a kick start, and when the engine is cold the electric starter will not start the engine it just sits there turning the engine over and uses all the battery life so every time when it is cold i have to bump start it. But when it has been bump started and it has been used after a while the electric starter will start the engine but when it has been left over night in the morning when i come to use it will not start with the electric starter. so does any one know how to fix it.

thanks

crispytw :D

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi,

i have just bought a yamaha tw125. i have noticed that it does not have a kick start, and when the engine is cold the electric starter will not start the engine it just sits there turning the engine over and uses all the battery life so every time when it is cold i have to bump start it. But when it has been bump started and it has been used after a while the electric starter will start the engine but when it has been left over night in the morning when i come to use it will not start with the electric starter. so does any one know how to fix it.

thanks

crispytw :D

Hi Crispytw,

This is one of the classic signs of a poor battery, there is enough oomph in the battery to spin the motor, but not spin the motor AND power the ignition. Have you ever tried to jumpstart it from cold ? If not try it. The reason it is better after it has been used is that the oil has warmed up and is therefore thinner, so turns over easier thus leaving more oomph in the battery, enough for the ignition to function.

• 1 year later...

hi had the exact same problem witjh mine. the battery was fine all that needed doing was the starter plunger of the choke needed replacing(i.e. the little meatal bit that goes in the carberetor) as it had worn down and awas not sucking fuel through as it didnt have a strong enough vaccum, so it just sucked air. try it i know how arkward it is .

• 9 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online