starter problem

simon125
This post is 6552 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all im now to this, great looking site thought.

i have a yamaha majesty 125 scooter.

the elec start keeps spinning when i press the brake lever it doesnt do it all the time just sometimes if anyone can help me with i would be very greatful.

thanks very much in advance

cheers

simon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i own a yamaha tw125 and it does the same thing and i bump start it and it will start with the elec start after that untill you leave it over night and then you have to bump start it again in the morning.

i own a yamaha tw125 and it does the same thing and i bump start it and it will start with the elec start after that untill you leave it over night and then you have to bump start it again in the morning.

Hi fellow biker,

Sounds to me that the starter button wiring is sometimes making a connection, as if you had pressed the start button, then because a brake needs to be on the starter motor spins when you apply a brake, check the wiring for the brake switches, wiring inside handle bar fairing, starter button then where the wires run inside the bodywork - down to the starter relay. I have come across a number of scooters where wiring is cable tied to the framework below the footboards, and after a couple of years has worn through the plastic and caused the bare wires to short out against the framework.

Good luck

P.S. Remember this - Elctrical problems are easy to solve, the hard bit is finding them !

Hi fellow biker,

Sounds to me that the starter button wiring is sometimes making a connection, as if you had pressed the start button, then because a brake needs to be on the starter motor spins when you apply a brake, check the wiring for the brake switches, wiring inside handle bar fairing, starter button then where the wires run inside the bodywork - down to the starter relay. I have come across a number of scooters where wiring is cable tied to the framework below the footboards, and after a couple of years has worn through the plastic and caused the bare wires to short out against the framework.

Good luck

P.S. Remember this - Elctrical problems are easy to solve, the hard bit is finding them !

hi thanks for that ill have a look later today, hopefully its somthing this simple

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online