Theory Test Rip Off

Grouch
This post is 2809 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I had my theory test booked this morning. I got there 5 minutes late so now I have to re-book it and pay for it again. What a con. Now I have to wait another three weeks before I can get an opening for another test. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Now by the time I get on a bigger bike for lessons the weather will be freezing.

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to hear that mate, is there no way you can delay it till the weather warms up? I mean the riding part of course the theory I thought was done indoors! Not sure what the test entails any more I did mine 40 odd years ago.

Sorry i sympathize with most of your bad luck but you were late. Full stop. How is that a con.

Your fault!.  

Suck it up and deal with it and next time, be on time. You should be glad its not 3months. Or like the old days your licence could run out.

• Like 1

I was late by 5 minutes due to traffic. There was an accident. They should give you allowances. So yes it is a con! They should say if you are late you will have to re-book. It's not like I was half an hour late. I have no control over other dickheads on the road crashing. What am I meant to do, set off three hours early just in case? 

2 hours ago, slice said:

Sorry to hear that mate, is there no way you can delay it till the weather warms up? I mean the riding part of course the theory I thought was done indoors! Not sure what the test entails any more I did mine 40 odd years ago.

No I just want it done. I'm used to the cold weather anyway but still it's not nice.

You should have made the allowances and left in plenty of time, as above No Con, Your Fault.....Tough Love mate, but thats how it is

I have been charged for a test that I haven't even taken. Fair enough I was 5 minutes late so why could they have not just re-booked it without charging me. Yes in an ideal world everything would run smoothly but we are talking about 5 minutes not half an hour. So yes it is a con. I have been charged for a service I have not used. Anyway nevermind. I will make sure next time I half an hour early so I can sit about in the waiting room like a dick head. Just typical every Saturday morning the roads are dead but the Saturday I have to go the there I get held up and have to take a detour. 

No, you were late.

No excuses, you knew about it with plenty (weeks most likely) of notice and should have planned your day accordingly but took the piss and got burned.

Because you were late a test went untaken, ie a machine wasn't used that could have been. If you missed a plane or coach you have to pay again for another seat on another later trip. You don't get your money back. Its the same thing.

You were late and its not a con. Its how it is.