picking up a TDM850 Mk2 saturday

drewpy
This post is 2155 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Off to sunny Hull tomorrow to hopefully pick up a TDM850.

Its a '96 mk2 model with the 270' crossplane crank and has aftermarket 2 in 1 pipe and blue spot brakes.

its done 40k miles and has had a local respray in white and green.

I've booked the national express as its only £15 (£48 on train) and get there 13:20. hope it checks out then I can ride to squires and have a look round the show.

so I either could be stuck in Hull with no bike or zooming along the queens highway with a new bike. watch this space

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good luck mate, photos to follow? :photo2:

Buy a cheap FJ Tommy !!!

• Like 1

bluespots giveaway?, me, me, me. well the right one anyway.

• Like 1

Just got back from Hull, bloody windy on the motorway and it was down to 40 mph on the higher levels.

got home no problem though and the bike sounds aamzing, very comfy to ride and has good road manners.

Front brakes are , the back ot so but I can give them an overhaul ( they are the same as the FZ rear brake too) need to give it a service for peace of mind and I had a squeel from the clutch from standing start blasting off the line, maybe thrust bearing or something.

need to keep watching the speedo as It crept up to 90 in some places. Its got 35k on the clock

any way here's acuple of pikkies

owner painted and not the best, but good enough for what i'm using it for

WP_20160924_001_zpsih5wcpav.jpg

WP_20160924_002_zpstrqqsqmz.jpg

just need some hard pannier frames and panniers if anyone has some lurking?

• Like 8

aye, new fork oil and he's given me dust seals to fit as the others are on the way out.
not much to do to it TBH

Well that's a nice machine Drewpy, must say I like the colour and it looks ok. Looks like a reasonably comfortable seating arrangement as well so long distance should be a breeze. You might even keep up with the FJR now mate. :D

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

Superb drewps, :grouphug: being a Hibs fan ,I think the colour is Ace.  whats the bigee plan ,? 

off to Spain next year with Tommy et al. Slice is coming too

• Like 2

More the merrier Finnerz, should be a laugh, Tommy still has to find a working bike, his XS might struggle a bit!

This is a good one Tommy http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FJ1200-ABS-3XW-motorcycle-with-Givi-paniers-/282189940523?hash=item41b3d4c72b:g:pyMAAOSwAuZX5SGy