DT125LC 1982 rebuild

Sam001
This post is 2735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks,

just introduced myself in the new members section.

I have a knackered DT125LC 1982.  I have the relevant Haynes manual and have stripped the bike and given everything a good clean.  I have sourced a number of the parts required (am planning on using wemoto for many parts as they seem to stock some reasonably priced stuff).  its needing the usual (gasket sets) and a new piston (1mm oversized) etc etc.

However, having taken the subframe off, I need to replace the pivot bolt, the two bushes (the sleeves seem fine) and the dust seals that sit in the inside of the frame.  I have tried sourcing them from several suppliers (wemoto, allballs, yambits, ebay) but cant seem to find anything.  I can find upto 1982 and after 1987 but nothing for the 82 - 87 bikes!

So, has anyone any suggestions..... have I missed something.  A member had raised something similar (in 2013 on this site) and a DTMX was suggested as a possibility (having to cut them to size).  Is this the only approach and if so, is it as simple as cutting to size and fitting.  Im assuming no machining is required.....

Anyway, apols if I am missing the obvious - I have spent quite some time searching but whilst I have some basic knowledge and skills, I lack the experience to consider other bikes as possible donors.......

Thanks.....

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yep, had a look, and unless Im missing it, they only have one part for subframe..... sadly lacking in that area.....

I found some that are certainly for the RD (so may well be exactly the same) on ebay but are coming from Singapore and are about £35.  They quote its good for the DT but have an image of the RD subframe......  I may take a gamble unless someone else has a suggestion and just assume they are interchangeable - I lack the experience to know which parts are interchangeable.  But thanks finnerz

12 minutes ago, Sam001 said:

Yep, had a look, and unless Im missing it, they only have one part for subframe..... sadly lacking in that area.....

I found some that are certainly for the RD (so may well be exactly the same) on ebay but are coming from Singapore and are about £35.  They quote its good for the DT but have an image of the RD subframe......  I may take a gamble unless someone else has a suggestion and just assume they are interchangeable - I lack the experience to know which parts are interchangeable.  But thanks finnerz

well, just found stuff for a 1986 bike on the fowlers site.... so I will give them a call..... I have the sleeves so if they are the same size as the ones on their website, the bushes should fit...... thanks for your thoughts......

3 minutes ago, jebb said:

Hi, 

Just a thought,  have you tried cmsnl.com? I used them a few times for my dt. Good luck 

I had thanks..... have used in the past for my CRM250..... but thanks anyway.....

Failing that, do you know any engineers/turners that can make one up for you

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online