Battery problem

Wilmot123
This post is 2830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello folks, I've had my 1300 midnight star for a year now, battery went flat over the winter, charging didn't help so I bought another one from e bay, that went flat too!!! I have not used the bike so charging is not an issue and there's no parasitic drop, any ideas please? Can I turn off the immobiliser/alarm (flashing red light on speedo head).

Thanks, Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Andy,
Good to say Hi in new members area and introduce yourself. Not my area of expertise - but you shouldn't leave batteries for extended periods (sure you know that now so I wont bang on) you can get battery maintenance kits that keep it in good condition over longer periods, some also have some diagnostic functions and may be able to tell you what is wrong with battery.

How long before the second one went flat? - When you say ebay - was it a decent battery? (If it was bought for £1 from china then I'm not surprised) if it is decent I would suggest you return it.

Alarm should have instructions for winter storage - most can be put into a kind of 'sleep mode' though if it has its own battery it should not be much of a drain.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online