Free power run on a dyno for a XSR700, in return for sound recording for a videogame!

tagtim
This post is 2928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well and hope it’s ok to post this…not selling anything or looking to spam anyone! I have a quirky and fairly urgent request for help please…and hopefully I can give something in return!

I know this is a bit of a long shot, but I am looking for a Yamaha XSR 700 to record the audio for, for a videogame. I work in games, and have recorded quite a few bikes now, for a Moto GP game a few years back, and a more recent Ducati game, so have done this sort of thing before. This is for a new game – Ride 2 by Milestone. They are making efforts to make their games sound better, so we have recently been drafted in to help! My company is called TheAudioGuys if you want to look us up to make sure this is genuine :)

Ideally I need to get the bike to a dynamometer, and record it that way. What we need to record are a few power run type recordings, plus some static RPM recordings and a bit of ‘riding’ as if the bike was on the road. Actual running time on dyno will be maybe 20 minutes or so. The rest is non dyno like startup, switch off, idle and blips. So you would get a free power run out of it so you could get some technical info on your bike’s performance!

We would need the bike for maybe around 3 hours. This includes 30 minutes to set mics up, around an hour or so to record, bearing in mind that we would probably stop a few times to allow the bike to cool. Then another 30 minutes for us to dismantle the microphones etc.

We would pay for the dyno of course, and could give you some cash for expenses. As well as the power run, we could also give you a professional, crystal clear audio recording of your bike for a ringtone, or just for your interest and pleasure :) I can also get you a copy of the game when it is available.

As mentioned, we have recorded a load of bikes before, and all have gone smoothly, and therefore assuming your bike is in good shape, there should be no issues.

I am in the Bristol area, and am currently using a dyno around here, and also another in the Forest of Dean. However, if you are somewhere else, and it isn’t an enormous distance away from me, then I would probably be willing to come to you, and would look to book a dyno near you.

The noisier sounding the better, but appreciate that time is tight, so not going to be fussy!

Anyway, if this sounds like something you are interested in, and could do within the next 2 weeks, then please send me a message!

Thanks
Tim

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online