Lest We Forget!

Pete
This post is 6551 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been reading in Motorcyclist magazine.....Kenny Roberts Sr. now has a monthly column called the Roberts Chronicles....& I recall him stating how much of an Inspiration Jarno was to him as he developed his riding style back in the day with Kel Carruthers. B)

Saarinen was the true Pioneer of the Hang Off style of riding. :thumb:

Like Andy never saw the man in the flesh but his riding was a legend, there was another guy from finland( i think they came from) at the time called Tepi Lansivouri (ifmy memory is working right) what happened to him i wonder,

Merv

Lansivuori and Saarinen were very close....and Saarinen's death affected him badly.

He raced for a couple more seasons (but his heart wasn't in it) then he retired.

3 years ago on the 30th anniversary of the crash, he was at the fatal spot in Monza along with Saarinen and Pasolini's widows laying flowers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online